HEALING MOVEMENTS 500HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
September 2018 - August 2019(one weekend a month)
Saturday's and Sunday's (8am - 6pm)
Occasional Friday evenings (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
** additional hours required in the form of a weekend retreat and workshops
(may be subject to minor changes)
Program Outline - What you can expect to learn
Anatomy and Physiology:
- Bodily systems, organs and tissues
- Bones, muscles, joints and energy systems
- Bio-tensegrity Paradigm and the fascial systems as related to yoga
- Anatomy and physiology principles of yoga
- How to address specific needs(multi-level classes, etc)
- Teaching to Special populations (pre-natal, children, etc)
- Structuring of class and lesson plans
- Time management of class
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers:
- Study of traditional text (Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Upanishads)
- Lifestyles and principals of Yoga based on Yamas and Niyamas, etc.
- Ethics, privacy and the role of the yoga teacher
- Serving in a yogic role (Seva teaching and giving back)
Techniques, Training and Practice:
- Practice and review of proper alignment of Asana and the standard postures
- Practice and review of Pranayama, Kriya, Chanting, Mantra, Meditation and Mudra
- Modifications of postures for body types, contraindications, etc.
- Proper alignment what to look for in teaching and practicing
- In class teaching both lead and assisting
- Discussion on feedback and observations of a class
- Independent teaching within studio under mentorship
Please Note: Any student is welcome to take the 500-Hour level course to further their own practice or personal development. You do not need to make a decision about whether or not you want to teach before you begin the training.
ALL ARE WELCOME.
Thank you! We will contact you shortly to complete your registration and process a deposit.